Explore the MBE Program
The Master of Bioethics (MBE) Program welcomes interested students and professionals to explore the MBE and learn about the field of bioethics by taking a course with us. Interested students and professionals can take up to three courses in the Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy without being admitted to the Master of Bioethics Program. These students are known as “non-matriculated” students, and they are encouraged to take classes in the MBE program and learn more us.
Who Are our Non-Matriculated Students?
Students are drawn to bioethics from a range of fields and at various stages in their academic and professional lives. These include:
- Students considering applying to the MBE program
- Penn staff using the tuition benefit for personal and career development
- Penn graduate students considering a Dual Degree
- Post-baccalaureate students just out of undergraduate study who are beginning their graduate education
- Mid-career professionals in health, law, policy, and business who are seeking to broaden their knowledge and skills
There are no prerequisites to take our courses, however Non-Matriculated students must:
- Have completed a bachelors degree
- Be granted permission from the MBE Program Director
How to Register
Simply complete and submit the “Take A Course Application”.
If you have any questions about the Take A Course With Us program, email MBE Program Coordinator AJ Roholt.
A current list of available and upcoming courses is located on the Course Offerings page. If you have any questions about your course options, feel free to contact us for more information. Once we’ve received your form, we will contact you to complete registration.