Explore the MBE Program
The Master of Bioethics (MBE) Program welcomes interested students and professionals to explore the MBE and learn about the field of bioethics by taking a course with us. Interested students and professionals can take up to three courses in the Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy without being admitted to the Masters Program. These students are known as “non-matriculated” students, and are encouraged to study in the MBE program and learn more about the MBE degree.
Who Are our Non-Matriculated Students?
Students are drawn to bioethics from a range of fields and at various stages in their academic and professional lives. These include:
- Students considering applying to the MBE program
- Penn staff using the tuition benefit for personal and career development
- Penn graduate students considering a Dual Degree
- Post-baccalaureate students just out of undergrad who are beginning their graduate education
- Mid-career professionals in health, law, policy, and business who are seeking to broaden their knowledge and skills
There are no prerequisites to take our courses, however Non-Matriculated students must:
- Have completed a bachelors degree
- Be granted permission from The Associate Chair of Education & Training or the MBE Faculty Director
How to Register
Simply complete and submit the “Take A Course Application”.
Please email your completed application to our MBE Graduate Program Coordinator, AJ Roholt, at:
If you prefer, you can mail your completed application to our MBE Graduate Program Coordinator:
423 Guardian Drive, floor 14
Philadelphia PA 19104
A current list of available and upcoming courses is located on the Course Offerings page. If you have any questions about your course options, feel free to contact us for more information. Once we’ve received your form, we will contact you to complete registration.