- Partner, Health Care Services and Technology, at Deerfield
- Adjunct Professor of Medical Ethics and Health Policy
- Duke University (Health Policy and Medical Ethics)
- Oxford University (Economics and Social History)
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (Healthcare Management)
- Perelman School of Medicine
Dr. Harris is a Partner on the Health Care Services and Technology team at Deerfield, a leading health care investment firm based in New York.
Dr. Harris has a wealth of diverse experience in the health care industry, from public finance, policy and management at both federal and state levels, to private sector health care leadership, investment, and care delivery.
Prior to Deerfield, he served as President of CareAllies, an innovative population health management company within Cigna focused on delivering home-based primary care and helping physician groups and delivery systems navigate the transitions to value-based care.
Dr. Harris served as the chief executive of the Medicaid program in Massachusetts and as the federal government’s chief healthcare budget and policy official in the Office of Management and Budget in the White House. He has also supported and led payment and delivery system reform and public health projects in the U.S. and abroad for organizations like the Harvard School of Public Health and McKinsey and Company and served on the faculty of Harvard Medical School and as a fellow at the Kennedy School of Government.