- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
- Attending Physician in the Division of General Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Assistant Professor of Medical Ethics and Health Policy
- Georgetown University, MD
- Georgetown University, PhD, Philosophy
- University of Michigan, MS, Health & Health Services Research
- Loyola University Chicago, BA, Philosophy
Since her training in both medicine and philosophy at Georgetown University, Dr. Walter has worked at the intersection of clinical practice and bioethics with an emphasis on the physician-patient relationship and family-centered care. Her current research focuses on facilitating and improving communication between the health care team and families of children with chronic and terminal illness. Dr. Walter's work also includes empirical analysis of the boundaries of ethical interactions between physicians and their patients and an analysis of factors influencing vulnerable subjects' participation in clinical research. Dr. Walter attended the Georgetown University School of Medicine, where she earned her MD and PhD in Philosophy with a concentration in Ethics in 2007. She was an intern and resident in pediatrics at University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital from 2007-2010. Dr. Walter was a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholar at the University of Michigan from 2010-2012 where she earned her Master in Health and Health Services Research (MS).