- Associate Professor of Medical Ethics and Health Policy
- Associate Chair for Education & Training
- MBE/MSME Program Director
- Director, Penn Program in Clinical Conflict Management
- University of Pennsylvania, PhD, Philosophy
- Harvard University, AM, Sociology
- Bucknell University, BA/MA, Political & Social Theory
Autumn Fiester, PhD, is Associate Professor and Associate Chair for Education in the Division of Medical Ethics at the Perelman School of Medicine. Dr. Fiester is the Faculty Program Director for the Master of Bioethics (MBE) and Master of Science in Medical Ethics (MSME) degrees. She is the Executive Director of the Penn Program in Clinical Conflict Management, which promotes conflict resolution training for clinical providers and clinical ethics consultants. Dr. Fiester conducts workshops in conflict management throughout the US and abroad. Dr. Fiester has been a member of several international bioethics projects, most recently leading an effort for the UAE Department of Health to strengthen the bioethical presence across the Emirates. She has served in the role of Academic Conflict Management Consultant in the School of Arts and Sciences, working with academic units on strategic vision, improved communication, mediation, and organizational development. She is author of over 100 publications in the areas of clinical ethics, clinical conflict management, LGBT bioethics, and medical ethics education. Dr. Fiester is the recipient of the University's Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching.